What are the world’s most popular poems? Always a topic for debate among poetry lovers, and one that mostly raises as many questions as answers.
We’ll be using this page to offer a series of playlists from our library, and would love to hear from you about your favourites too. E-mail us your top 10 Classic Poetry Aloud recordings at classicpoetryaloud [at] yahoo.co.uk.
To start the ball rolling, here are our top 10 downloads to date:
- She Walks in Beauty by Lord Byron
- Ode to Autumn by John Keats
- If by Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet 18: Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer’s Day? by William Shakespeare
- Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- How Do I Love Thee? by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- O Captain! My Captain! by Walt Whitman
- Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Death by John Donne
- Ode on a Grecian Urn by John Keats